Re: Need new project admin for unbundled Tcl interface - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Need new project admin for unbundled Tcl interface
Date
Re: Preserving CVS histories / Was: Need new project...  (L J Bayuk <ljb220@mindspring.com>)
List pgsql-interfaces
On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, L J Bayuk wrote:

> I offered to take over the Gborg pgtcl project because I thought nobody
> wanted it. It seemed stalled, having made no releases since beta3 in
> November 2002, no CVS updates since January 2003, and no progress on the
> reference manual. I assumed the project admins had moved on to other
> things and would be glad to turn it over.
>
> The response I got was no, they don't want to give it up, but I could
> join and get CVS commit rights. Not good enough, unless there are going
> to be releases. I'm not hearing that there will be releases.

If there have been no commits to the gborg version in almost a year, what
would a new release be based off of?  What I'm really curious of is why
the patches to -core didn't get into gborg ... IMHO, the current gborg
seems to have gone 'stale' :(

> I really don't want to antagonize anyone, but I think a project fork is
> in order. I'll put my version into a new project, and we'll see what
> happens.

Well, that works too ... since I know the gborg version is not in sync
with the -core version, and since I think that bringing gborg in sync with
-core would be confusing at best ... if you can create the project, I can
copy the current CVS files (with history) from -core to gborg ... I really
don't want to lose the changes/history over the past year ...

----