Re: How to install Soundex() on Windows 2000 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: How to install Soundex() on Windows 2000
Date
List pgsql-general
Recent versions of postgresql have an implementation in the contrib
directory. It also comes with a makefile and sql snippet to create the
function.

Any reason why so old a version. Newer releases (like 7.4) are really much
faster generally have more features. 7.2.2 is prehistoric almost.

Maybe you need to make clean?

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 05:33:18PM +0530, Maneet Singh wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have recently installed postgreSQL ver 7.2.2 on my Windows 2000 system.
> My project's requirement is to have a fuzzy string matching (Soundex()). I
> checked the internet and downloaded a set of C library files. As per the
> documentation available, Ishould run the "Make" file to automatically host
> a procedure for the same in postgreSQL.
>
> The library downloaded contains "GNUMakeFile". The documentation says that
> GNUMakeFile is a latest version and I should run the same. Upon running
> the same, nothing happens and I am not able to install the Soundex()
> function.
>
> Please help.
>
> Thank you in anticipation.
> Maneet

> If the Catholic church can survive the printing press, science fiction
> will certainly weather the advent of bookwarez.
>    http://craphound.com/ebooksneitherenorbooks.txt - Cory Doctorow

Attachment