Patch for text of HOWTO entitled "How to install PostgreSQL on Windows" - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From PaulBowman@HBOSplc.com
Subject Patch for text of HOWTO entitled "How to install PostgreSQL on Windows"
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
<<InstallWin32Patch>>

Basically the current version on  Postgres that comes with Cygwin also seems to have a dependency on the crypt library
(itkept falling over with a message about missing dll with a name LIKE '%crypt%' - I guessed on the crypt lib and that
seemedto cure it OK. BTW failed to book-mark exactly which page text appears on - ask for full text if you can't
identifyit from title.

Currently I now have an instance running according to Cygwin - only problem is I can't seem to psql to it from anywhere
(triedopening a second Cygwin window and...

****
$ psql -l
psql: could not connect to server: Connection refused
        Is the server running on host "localhost" and accepting
        TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

****

Any tips would be appreciated.

cheers,

Paul Bowman
Database Services
Service Delivery
Group Technology
HBOS Group Services
Desk            0113 23 (53696)
Mobile            07880 784415

Team Mailbox        $IT SD  Oracle/SQL Server
Team Helpline        0113 23 (53201)
group services - delivering for HBOS

HBOS plc, Registered in Scotland No. SC218813. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. HBOS plc is a holding
company,subsidiaries of which are regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

Attachment