Re: RFC: Very large scale postgres support - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: RFC: Very large scale postgres support
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alex,

> I find myself wondering what other people are doing with postgres that
> this doesn't seem to have come up. When one searches for postgres
> clustering on google, they will find lots of HA products. However,
> nobody seems to be attempting to create very high throughput clusters.

Have you checked out "Clusgres" from Linux Labs?   One of my clients will be
testing this application soon.

While we haven't run into transaction throughput limits, a couple of my
client's seem to be running in x86's limits on very large queries,
particularly on vendor hardware.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions