Re: Proposed Query Planner TODO items - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From markw@osdl.org
Subject Re: Proposed Query Planner TODO items
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On  5 Jan, Tom Lane wrote:
> Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>> 2) DEVELOP BETTER PLANS FOR "OR GROUP" QUERIES

>> the planner into canonical and-or filters resulting in very poor execution on
>> large data sets.   We should find better ways of dealing with these queries,
>> for example UNIONing.

>> into a query (#19) which took several hours to complete on PostgreSQL.
>
> I've made some progress on this over the last week or two.  Would it be
> possible to retry that benchmark with CVS tip?
>
>             regards, tom lane

Sorry it's taking so long.  I tried to take a export from CVS today and
the database appears not to be able to connect to the postmaster when I
attempt to create the database.  Let me know if getting a trace of
anything will help, if you guys already aren't already aware of the
problem.

Mark