Re: Patch for psql startup clarity - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Patch for psql startup clarity
Date
Re: Patch for psql startup clarity  (Markus Bertheau <twanger@bluetwanger.de>)
List pgsql-patches
Markus Bertheau wrote:
> В Птн, 30.01.2004, в 23:45, David Fetter пишет:
> > \? for help on internal slash (i.e. psql) commands
>
> I think it should be
>
> \? for help with psql commands
>
> firstly because the adjective "internal" is really subjective and
> secondly because the fact that it's internal in whatever way is
> completely unimportant and irrelevant to the user.

Well, it's internal to psql, meaning that it is only available within
psql.  I think that is a valid and useful point to make, considering
that people are frequently confused about the nature of psql, the
frontend.