Help, I've killed my system? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dean Grubb
Subject Help, I've killed my system?
Date
Re: Help, I've killed my system?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I have a debian server running postgresql 7.03 from the packages
and also postgresql 7.1.3 from source. After doing an upgrade to some
system files (ahrrrrrr...apt-get is good but I like freeBSD ports) I
find that I no longer have the postgresql 7.03
installation but a miss matched 7.2 part install.

I still have the data folder from the database. Can anybody recommend a
plan for recovery...Somehow reinsall 7.03 if I can find the .deb
package?...is it possible to move the data/base files into another
postgresql installation...can I import them?

thanks