Re: I can't upgrade to PostgreSQL 7.4 in RedHat 9.0 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: I can't upgrade to PostgreSQL 7.4 in RedHat 9.0
Date
List pgsql-general
On Saturday 24 January 2004 10:38 pm, Manuel Tejada wrote:
> I followed the standar command to upgrade rpm packages but the installation
> failed due to conflicts with the installed package unixODBC-devel-2.2.3-6.

Use the 7.4.1 RPMs.  The conflict is fixed there, since it is an upstream
(that is, not an RPM) issue.  The short of it was that the ECPG headers and
the unixODBC headers both thought they should be in the same place with the
same file name.  The 7.4.1 install (tarball) patched this to put the ECPG
headers in a subdirectory, allowing unixODBC to have the name.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology