Re: Lost plpgsql function - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Lost plpgsql function
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wednesday 21 January 2004 22:29, lnd@hnit.is wrote:
> After copied pg database from one PC to another
>
>     -I could not find plpgsql function(s) in the copied database.
>     -had to instal plpgsql language handler again
>
>     -whilst tables and data moved fine
>
> The copy included all under /cygwin/usr/local/pgsql/data and database was
> down while making a copy.
>
> What could I forget to copy  as far plpgsql is concerned ?

Hmm - are the paths still the same? It might be that the path to the
plpgsql.so (.dll on cygwin?) was different, so it never got loaded.

Otherwise, plpgsql functions are stored in tables just like any other piece of
data.
--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd