Re: Initially Deffered - FK - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: Initially Deffered - FK
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 denis@coralindia.com wrote:

> Thanks for your reply.
>
> But, you will agree that result should be same JUST BEFORE and JUST AFTER
> commit ( assuming no one is working on the database and i am the only user
> connected.)

If you use the definition we're using now, then no, the above is not true.
The row would still exist just before commit because the on delete action
has not happened.  The row would not exist just after commit because the
on delete action now has. Whether this definition is correct per spec is
hard to say, but there've been arguments on the subject in the past that
have generally ended without a firm understanding of the specs intention.