Re: Postgress and MYSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Terry Lee Tucker
Subject Re: Postgress and MYSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
We are in the process of porting a logistics application to Postgres from a
Progress Software database. We have about 75 employees and will be putting
Postgres to work in a real time business situation where there are lots of
transactions. Once we are successful in this endeavor, how can we get stories
like that out to people who would care to know? I know this is a small
business project, but will it help to advertise that the "little" guys are in
the trenches doing this kind of thing?

On Tuesday 13 January 2004 11:32 am, Bob Powell wrote:
> To whom it may concern:
>
> I find the recent articles in various trade publications a little
> disturbing due to the lack of PostgrSQL mention.  I continue to see
> articles about how IBM may be considering MYSQL for development an
> open_source web database.
>
> Why isn't PostgreSQL being considered or talked about by major industry
> giants?  As a DBA I know that Postgres is far superior to MYSQL but if
> the industry directs it's energies towards open-source database this
> coming year I think somehow PostgreSQL needs to be represented better.
>

> Bob Powell

"Posterity -- you will never know how much it has cost my generation
 to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."

 --John Quincy Adams

 Work: 1-336-372-6812
 Cell: 1-336-363-4719
email: terry@esc1.com