Re: RedHat install question. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: RedHat install question.
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thursday 08 January 2004 15:32, Earnshaw, Peter J wrote:
> I currently have postgresql-7.3.4-3.rh19 installed and need to compile with
> the JDBC drivers --with-java to create the postgresql.jar. Do I need to
> un-install the current version and re-install from source?  I am currently
> running Red Hat Linux release 9.
>
> Any help or comments will be greatly appreciated.

Well, you can compile from source without interfering. With the right
./configure options you could overwrite your existing RPM, but that's messy.

Your best bet might be to get the source-rpm, and alter the settings in that.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd