Re: Crash while recovering database index relation - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Guy Thornley
Subject Re: Crash while recovering database index relation
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> >     PANIC: invalid page header in block 6 of relation "17792"
> > This was on postgres 7.4.
>
> I believe this is fixed in 7.4.1:

> And no sign of corruption after you'd run through the recovery with
> zero_damaged_pages?
I checked them this morning; there isnt.
Sorry for bugging you about something already fixed

> That's what I'd expect if this scenario applies:
> the pages will be fixed by WAL recovery, it's just that the recently
> added check for broken page headers was interfering :-(

What I don't grok is why all the affected files were indexes, and none
of the heap files appeared to have junk pages

Guy Thornley