Re: A cohesive sales message - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: A cohesive sales message
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
> As a company, we felt that if we were to benefit from
> using the product of other people¹s efforts, we should give something
> back. I offered our services to Josh and was advised that the most
> useful contribution we could make would be in helping to develop
> marketing material ­ to begin with: brochures or other printable
> matter.

Marketing material needs to be made with a specific purpose in mind.  So
before you create something, you need to ask yourself who the audience
is and who will carry it to that audience.

Likely audiences in the near term are guest at expositions and
conferences.  Flyers (to pass out) and posters (to decorate) are the
obvious types of material for these occasions.  So talk to the people
who are going to staff these events to see what they need.

Alternatively, and additionally, devise other scenarios where printed
matter or brochures could be used.  I can't think of any right now, but
maybe you can.