Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Casey Allen Shobe
Subject Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ?
Date
List pgsql-general
Tino Wildenhain (Thursday 01 January 2004 11:33)
> > I'm just saying that it would be nice to include both CLI and GUI
> > interfaces, not to mention things like ODBC, as an alternative to the
> > "minimalist" download.
>
> No. NO! Definitively not. I really dont want GUI interfaces on a
> database server. We are not on Windows here where all servers
> better reside on the desktop...

Obviously, and I did not mean to imply that the standalone distribution should
go away.  I just think that it would be nice for an all-in-one package to
exist, for users just wanting to try out PostgreSQL on their desktop.

Of course, if your server didn't have X11 compiled (I don't see why it would),
then the graphical components would not (because they could not) be
compiled :).

Vertu sæll,

--
Sigþór Björn Jarðarson (Casey Allen Shobe)
http://rivyn.livejournal.com