BLOBS : how to remove them totally - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nilabhra Banerjee
Subject BLOBS : how to remove them totally
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I am still not sure whether the BLOBS are actually
stored in the database or they have the pointer to the
database for that file in the filesystem. If I remove
the files (sources) for BLOBS from the directories
with the BLOB still hold the data ?

Also one more very intriguing part is that if BLOBS
are not deleted if we delete them from tables how to
remove them ?

Regards
N Banerjee