Re: unicode upper and lower functions - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: unicode upper and lower functions
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Lauris Buk¨is wrote:
> I have PostgreSQL 7.3.2 on Mandrake 9.1.
> functions lower and upper doesn't convert UTF8 char cases... it just
> leave them as thay are. Atleast I have problems with latvian and
> russian letters. Database charset is set to UNICODE.

Yes, next time please search the archives and you would have seen that
this bug gets reported at least once per week.

> Where is the
> problem and what I should do?

There is not much you can do right now except not using Unicode.  Search
the archives for possible ideas and workarounds.