Re: Strange permission problem regarding pg_settings - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Florian G. Pflug
Subject Re: Strange permission problem regarding pg_settings
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 11:26:14AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Anyway, in the short run I'd suggest updating to 7.3.5, which will let
> you do the UPDATE even though it really shouldn't :-(.  The cleanups
> I'm worried about making are for future development.

First, thanks to everyone involved in tracking down this problem - you have
been of invaluable help to me - I surely would have spent many useless hours
on debugging this without your help.

Am I right to assume that updating to 7.4 will have the same effekt as
updating to 7.3.5? I ask because I plan to update to 7.4 sometime anyway,
and util then it doesn't really hurt to connect as superuser, since this
isn't a production system for the moment.

greetings, Florian Pflug