Re: [NOVICE] PostgreSQL Training - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [NOVICE] PostgreSQL Training
Date
Re: [NOVICE] PostgreSQL Training
List pgsql-general
Keith C. Perry wrote:
> That situtation is a little different though since Linux comes is
> various distributions.  Eventually people with get that Linux = Red
> Hat is NOT true. Heck, IBM is probably the best at promoting Linux
> these days in the mainstream. With PostgreSQL, we're just one "disto"
> so once the ball really gets rolling, its going to pick up speed
> quickly.

Well, we're moving more into a direction where PostgreSQL is just a
"kernel" and you have to look around and search the other applications
yourself, such as language bindings, GUI tools, etc.  This trend has
both advantages and disadvantages, but providing comprehensive
information through any means is becoming more of a challenge.

--
Peter Eisentraut
Microsoft Certified Solitaire Player