Re: [ADMIN] Postrgres data restoration problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jim Cochrane
Subject Re: [ADMIN] Postrgres data restoration problem
Date
List pgsql-general
> Jim,
>
> I'm pretty sure that the /etc/rc?.d scripts do not run the initdb command as
you generaly do it once, when you want to
> create a Postgres environment.
>
> Basic question : Have you checked that you have some files in : /home/pgsql/d
ata/pg_xlog
> Postgres has started but can't find /home/pgsql/data/pg_xlog/0000000000000000
> Perhaps they are in /var/lib/pgsql/data/xlog.
> If it is the case, create a symbolic link on it and retry :
> cd /oldpgsqlpath/data
> pg_ctl  -D $PWD start >/tmp/pgr 2>&1

There were other number-named files in /home/pgsql/data/pg_xlog/, but not
0000000000000000.  Anyway, I tried your link suggestion with no luck.  I
also tried Tom's suggestion of running pg_resetxlog, but that also failed
(as described in my other email).  I think the data is lost.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Jim