Re: Postgresql 7.4 on cygwin, upper() does not work with german special characters (umlaut) - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Jason Tishler
Subject Re: Postgresql 7.4 on cygwin, upper() does not work with german special characters (umlaut)
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Sebastian,

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 08:31:35AM +0100, sebastian grunow wrote:
> The special characters are not converted to capital letters! If we run
> the same query against postgresql 7.4 on a linux-platform the special
> characters are correctly returned in capital letters.  Any suggestions
> or solutions are welcome!

If the above is locale related, then the following from the README is
applicable:

    3. Cygwin PostgreSQL only supports the "C" locale because Cygwin
    itself does not fully support locales.

Jason