Re: installation problem - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: installation problem
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Monday 08 December 2003 06:56, Sh A Guru Prasad wrote:
>  I am finding it difficult to install postgresql7.3.2 on
> linux advanced server. Repeatedly its asking for some or
> other files. Please let me know the exact procedure and
> what are the dependency files required for the same.

This problem is not really for the bugs mailing list. Please subscribe to the
general mailing list and try again there.

Some points:
1. You don't want to install 7.3.2 - try 7.3.5 or 7.4.1
2. You don't say whether you are using RPM/deb or source installation
3. You don't say what distribution of Linux you are using.
4. You don't give any error message details
5. You don't say what point in the installation guide you have reached.

If you can address these points, ask again on the general list and we'll soon
have you up and running.
--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd