Re: Feature Request for 7.5 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Feature Request for 7.5
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 08:41:40PM +0700, Chris Travers wrote:

> It strikes me that, for many sorts of databases, multimaster synchronous
> replication is not the best solution for the reasons that Scott, Jan, et.
> al. have raised.  I am wondering how commercial RDBMS's get arround this
> problem?

Say, have you looked at the approach taken by postgres-r?  It's supposed
to solve these problems, and unless I've missed something they are in
need of some manpower to port it to recent releases.

I don't know the URL.  It's on gborg somewhere though.

"Some men are heterosexual, and some are bisexual, and some
men don't think about sex at all... they become lawyers" (Woody Allen)