Re: perl(Pg) (S)RPM - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: perl(Pg) (S)RPM
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tuesday 02 December 2003 06:05 pm, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, Lamar Owen wrote:
> > exists).  If no one else can do this, I can, but it's not high on my list
> > of priorities.

> What you have a life?  :-)

And four kids....oh, that's an 'l', not a 'w'.... :-)

>  OK it is slowly seeping in into my gray
> matter.  This 'perl(Pg)' is what the was/is/can be replaced by DBI and
> DBD::Pg.  Is this correct?

This is correct.

> Right, like I guesstimated above.  Is 'the postgresql-pl package' a
> separate RPM or part of the main or server RPM?

Separate RPM, named postgresql-pl-7.4-whatever-version.arch.rpm

> Well I vote (if that is an option) for making it simple enough for me to
> install.  *REALLY* simple!

I'll look at it.  That is currently one of the smaller worries I have,
unfortunately.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology