Re: Why both?: /var/log/messages AND /var/log/pgsql. - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From ow
Subject Re: Why both?: /var/log/messages AND /var/log/pgsql.
Date
List pgsql-admin
--- ow <oneway_111@yahoo.com> wrote:
> pgSql 7.4.0 on RH7.3
>
> Hi,
>
> It appears that pgSql somehow logs messages to BOTH /var/log/messages and
> /var/log/pgsql. I expected that it would only log to /var/log/pgsql.

It appears I forgot to add local0.none on the /var/log/messages line in
/etc/syslog.conf. Once added it logs only to /var/log/pgsql.

Strange though ... when I changed "local0" to "pgsql" in /etc/syslog.conf and
/var/lib/pgsql/data/postgresql.conf the logging stopped completely. Works with
local0 though. Anyhow

Thanks