Re: 7.5 Plans - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: 7.5 Plans
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 27 Nov 2003, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

> Changing all our $Id$ tags to $Postgres$ would make a separate CVS a lot
> easier, hint hint :)

Why?  From the info pages:

`$Header$'    A standard header containing the full pathname of the RCS file,    the revision number, the date (UTC),
theauthor, the state, and    the locker (if locked).  Files will normally never be locked when    you use CVS.

`$Id$'    Same as `$Header$', except that the RCS filename is without a path.

So, what does changing it to $PostgreSQL$ do?  Or am I reading the wrong
part of the manual?

----