Re: pg_restore and create FK without verification check - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: pg_restore and create FK without verification check
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, ow wrote:

> > People might be more interested in debating this topic with you if we
> > hadn't discussed it at length just a couple months back.  There wasn't
> > consensus then that we had to offer an escape hatch, and you've not
> > offered any argument that wasn't made before.
>
> I'm simply presenting a problem for which I currently do not see any solution
> (it's very important for us to be able to restore db within a reasonable amount
> of time). If there's no solution and none is planned, then we cannot use pgsql,
> can we?

You can make your own solution, that's the nice thing about open source
stuff.  If you wanted to go the SET variable route to control alter time
checks of CHECK and FOREIGN KEY constraints, it's almost certainly less
than an hours worth of work.