Re: RPM RH9.0 conflict with unixODBC - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: RPM RH9.0 conflict with unixODBC
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tuesday 25 November 2003 07:22 pm, Gaetano Mendola wrote:
> Sander Steffann wrote:
> > Sorry for the inconvenience I caused by disabling the debuginfo package!
> > Sander.

> Is this also related to the fact that gdb on libraries of RH9.0 don't
> complain about the debugging info ?

I would think so.  But with Sander confirming this by file sizes, we know
pretty much for certain.  Debugging info really jacks up the file size.  It
didn't use to be quite that big of a difference, back when I built the beta
packages (of which we didn't have any this cycle) with debug info turned on,
and unstripped.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology