Re: Build farm - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim C. Nasby
Subject Re: Build farm
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 04:34:27PM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Hence the open-source community approach.  Closed-source development teams
> can do all the above, with great effort.  But by throwing out the code and
> have real people test them on real systems with real applications, you can
> do much better.
Would it be reasonable to promote users testing daily snapshots with
popular applications? I'm guessing there's not many applications that
have automated test frameworks, but any that do would theoretically
provide another good test of PGSQL changes.
--
Jim C. Nasby, Database Consultant                  jim@nasby.net