Re: PostgreSQL v7.4 Released - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: PostgreSQL v7.4 Released
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
> >> Also, as I have asked before, please make sure that future releases sort
> >> in the correct order.  It makes life much easier for those of us who
> >> make packages and the many users who install packages.
>
> > But there is no v in any of the release files ... just checked to make
> > sure, and even the 6.x branch didn't have any v in the file names ... the
> > only place I've ever used the 'v' is in emails ...
>
> Yeah.  I think it matters not in text messages.  Peter has a point about
> paying attention to the ASCII sort ordering of version labels that are
> used in filenames, CVS tags, etc.

Yup, and as I mentioned to Peter in a private email ... telling me this
when I announce that I've bundled said files and am asking for
confirmation is more useful then waiting until the end of the cycle and
have released the final product :(

----