Re: Call from Info World - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Call from Info World
Date
Re: Call from Info World  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Bruce,

> Interestingly, in trying to think of a visible open source project that
> isn't controlled by a company, I couldn't think of one.  Mozilla, PHP,
> Apache, MySQL, even perhaps Linux have one very visible company that has
> significant control over the project, while we do not.  Is there a good
> example someone can think of?

Perl, amanda, Python, OpenACS and LTSP come to mind.

I also get the impression that there's been a significant split between Zend
Inc. and the larger PHP community lately (over Parrot, mostly, I think), so
Zend obviously don't "control" the PHP project.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions