Re: Comparing databases - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Comparing databases
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> > > How about:
> > >
> > >   Me too.  How about something along the lines of "Postgresql is
> > >   supported by several different companies, preventing vendor
> > >   lock-in.  ..........................
> >
> > I rather like a wording like...
> >
> >  "Support for PostgreSQL development and deployment is provided by a
> >   number of different companies, alleviating the risks associated with
> >   products controlled exclusively by a single vendor."
>
> I like this wording ... "preventing vendor lock-in" doesn't have a nice
> ring to it ...

Agreed.  The newest wording is best.  I only suggested my wording
because "ensuring that no one company can drive the project in any one
direction against the best interests of the community" sounded like
"ensuring that the car will not drive off a cliff".