Re: Upgrading to Solaris 9 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Upgrading to Solaris 9
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 01:52:26PM -0700, scott.marlowe wrote:

> I thought .org and .info were being run on postgresql/solaris?

They are.  I'd happily dump the Solaris use overboard, however, if it
weren't for all the nifty hardware support it give us.  It is
dog-slow for handling large numbers of processes.  We get around that
by throwing hardware at the problem.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110