Re: Proposal: psql force prompting on notty - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Proposal: psql force prompting on notty
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> >> Are there further concerns with this patch?
>
> > No, just getting to it now.  Sorry.
>
> Peter didn't agree with this patch, and I have to concur with him
> that the need for it is unproven.
>
> Given that it is certainly not going into 7.4 at this late date,
> I think Michael will be wanting to look for another solution anyway...

Yea, certainly not 7.4.  I am not sure he has any other ideas about a
solution, though.  I will try to make him a test binary soon and see how
that works --- maybe we can make it an option that only shows up on
Win32.

Pennsylvania19073