Re: PL/Perl returning multiple rows - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: PL/Perl returning multiple rows
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 03:59:53PM -0500, Christopher Murtagh wrote:

>  I'm trying to write a pl/perl function that will return multiple rows.
> I've looked all over the web and only found vague references as to how
> to do this (some said it was possible, and some said it wasn't but it
> was for older versions of Postgres).

Unfortunately, pl/perl has not been enabled to return multiple rows yet.
Apparently it also can use SPI only through an experimental interface ...
so plperl is pretty much a dead end for you.

Better start learning Tcl ...

"The ability to monopolize a planet is insignificant
next to the power of the source"