Re: FW: [webmaster] Comparison to MySQL - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: FW: [webmaster] Comparison to MySQL
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Folks,

PLEASE run your response by the list before sending it to them.    The MySQL
vs. PostgreSQL issue is a hot topic and we really don't want to make a bad
impression on people outside our community.

Also, I think it benefits us more to focus on our features rather than MySQL's
shortcomings.  MySQL *is* the appropriate database for some things, and we
owe it to potential users to give them a fair evaluation of when PostgreSQL
is appropriate, and when MySQL is.

The MySQL team now has the general policy of doing the same thing (they didn't
always, I know, but things have changed), and we can hardly afford to be seen
as less fair than them.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions