Re: Service doesnt UP!!!! - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Service doesnt UP!!!!
Date
List pgsql-general
On Friday 07 November 2003 16:19, Edwin Quijada wrote:
> Hi!!!
> I had a break electrical service and my system go down. Now when I try to
> up the postgres service I get this error:
>
> psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
>         Is the server running locally and accepting
>         connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?
> createdb: database creation failed

This is showing psql not connecting - you want to see what happens when you
start the backend.

> I went to directory data and delete postmaster.pid and postmaster.opts but
> nothing happens.
> I have the same error.
> PLease I need urgent help!!!

Where are your logs? There should be something there. If not, start postgres
in the manner described in the installation instructions - that should show
you where the problem is.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd