Re: [HACKERS] Schema boggle... - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Schema boggle...
Date
List pgsql-sql
Chris,

>   Monolithic tables have their uses, I don't and wont contest that, however
> we've been using a monolithic structure in our current AMS distribution and
<snip>
> dataset. That and I'm more confident working on a 3D level, versus 2D, the
> schema levels introduce the third dimension into my structure and simplify
> visualizing how I want things to work.

TMI!  TMI!  Ok, I believe that it works for you.   You've made a tradeoff,
though, and some operations that were simple in the old monolithic structure
will now be more difficult -- however worthwhile the overall tradeoff may be.

> resulting query as he suggested, I just need to learn plpgsql programming
> so that I can work out all of the details (Tom, I might bug you about that
> once in a while).

Just go ahead and post your PL/pgSQL questions to the list.  There are people
on this list who've written thousands of lines of PL/pgSQL ...

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions