Re: Performance features the 4th - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Performance features the 4th
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 03:08:53PM -0500, Neil Conway wrote:
> Jan Wieck <JanWieck@Yahoo.com> writes:
> > I personally would like to see this work included in a 7.4.x
> > release.
>
> Personally, I can't see any circumstance under which I would view this
> as appropriate for integration into the 7.4 branch -- the changes this

As unhappy as I am to say so, I agree strongly.  Dot releases don't
get anything like enough testing to make me comfortable with putting
this kind of patch into such a release.  I'm just a user though.

----
<andrew@libertyrms.info>                              M2P 2A8                                        +1 416 646 3304
x110