Re: slashdot on PostgreSQL / compiere - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: slashdot on PostgreSQL / compiere
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Shridhar,

> You should have read the commentary. It is even funnier. Not many people
> liked the idea of paying for what they see as design mistake i.e. depending
> upon only one database.
>
> Of course that is /. and has only a definite wight to it but still.. Its
> funny.. Especially the request of co-operation was bounced from compiere
> developers IIRC.

Yeah ... I'm wondering if the poster who said that he sent in a donation a
year ago and can't get his e-mail returned is honest.   I mean, jeez, if
Compiere development is being funded by re-selling Oracle licences, then
can't the project leads just be honest and say so?  And if they are really
interested in a port, why the total lack of progress over a year?

Also, the bugbear of "database independance" is an issue to tackle one day ...

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions