Re: PostgreSQL 7.4beta5 vs MySQL 4.0.16 with RT(DBIx::SearchBuilder) - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Sean Chittenden
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 7.4beta5 vs MySQL 4.0.16 with RT(DBIx::SearchBuilder)
Date
List pgsql-performance
> So its not just PostgreSQL that is suffering from the bad SQL but
> MySQL also.  But the question is my does PostgreSQL suffer so badly
> ??  I think not all developers write very nice SQLs.
>
> Its really sad to see that a fine peice of work (RT) is performing
> sub-optimal becoz of malformed SQLs.  [ specially on database of my
> choice ;-) ]

Post EXPLAIN ANALYZES of the queries you're running, then maybe you'll
be able to get some useful help from this list.  Until then, it's very
hard to speculate as to why PostgreSQL is slower.  -sc

--
Sean Chittenden