Re: my postgreSQL 7.4 beta for windows - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: my postgreSQL 7.4 beta for windows
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Wednesday 22 October 2003 05:07, dedy setiawan wrote:
> hello,...
> I'm using postgreSQL 7.4 beta for windows, and i use
> them in my project with delphi and i use DBexpress for
> connecting to then Postgres, but in other case my
> postgres runs very slowly

Could you subscribe to the performance list instead of this one? That's the
best place for these sorts of questions.

Two points:
1. PG on Windows on Cygwin is almost certainly slower than on *nix.
2. People are going to want to know what tuning you've done in the
postgresql.conf file and what type of load you're testing it with.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd