Re: about postgre SQL download - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: about postgre SQL download
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Thursday 09 October 2003 11:09, Illusiontechnologies wrote:
> how can we download the postgre SQL database

Start from http://www.postgresql.org/
Click the "download" link near the top, and choose a country near to you.

There are source downloads available for a variety of *nix compatible systems,
and RPMs for RedHat Linux. Packages are available for Debian from the usual
route.

If you want to run on Windows, you should search for the cygwin project, or
there are a number of commercial packages available.

Installation instructions are available in the source distribution and in the
documentation on the website. You might also find the techdocs site useful if
you are porting from another database:
http://techdocs.postgresql.org/

Sorry I can't be more specific, but you didn't say what platform you wanted to
run on.
--  Richard Huxton Archonet Ltd