Re: Redhat RPMs (Was: Debian experimental packages - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Redhat RPMs (Was: Debian experimental packages
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, Oct 12, 2003 at 10:21:39AM +0100, Oliver Elphick wrote:
> I imagine a lot of people have such in-house set-ups.  The question is
> whether the project itself should provide the structure to do it.

I'd love to have something like this. It'd be really useful to be able to
install multiple versions simultaneously for testing migrations and such.
The main issue I can see is that if the port number is not predicatable that
connections from other machines won't work as expected any more.

That could be solved by some kind of meta-server but that has other issues.

Good luck
> "All that is needed for the forces of evil to triumph is for enough good
> men to do nothing." - Edmond Burke
> "The penalty good people pay for not being interested in politics is to be
> governed by people worse than themselves." - Plato

Attachment