Re: Postgres 7.4 : ECPG not Thread-safe - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: Postgres 7.4 : ECPG not Thread-safe
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 04:42:18PM +0200, Thierry Missimilly wrote:
> I don't know if it is really link to Postgres and ECPG but if you
> modifiy pgbch.pgc in the way that the
> transaction is limited to "BEGIN; END; ", it will never hang.

Do you mean it only hangs if you do automatic transaction starting? I
mean if you use PGSQL implicit transactions and explicit BEGIN...END
blocks it works well, but if you let libecpg start the transaction and
just do a COMMIT every once in a while it is not?

> Well, i'm not an expert in Linux multi-thread, but it seems the thread

Neither am I, so I have no idea where to look.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Email: Michael at Fam-Meskes dot De