Re: Compare rows - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Compare rows
Date
List pgsql-performance
Greg,

> Anyone have any suggestions on how to efficiently compare
> rows in the same table?  This table has 637 columns to be
> compared and 642 total columns.

637 columns?   Are you sure that's normalized?   It's hard for me to conceive
of a circumstance where that many columns would be necessary.

If this isn't a catastrophic normalization problem (which it sounds like),
then you will probably still need to work through procedureal normalization
code, as SQL simply doesn't offer any way around naming all the columns by
hand.   Perhaps you could describe the problem in more detail?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions