Re: Schemas, and visibility of tables in MS-Query. - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Jeff Eckermann
Subject Re: Schemas, and visibility of tables in MS-Query.
Date
List pgsql-novice
--- Harry Broomhall <harry.broomhall@uk.easynet.net>
wrote:
> Harry Broomhall writes:
> >    One of the extras I had hoped for with PgSQL
> 7.3 Schemas was a
> > somewhat cosmetic, but useful, change in the way
> that MS-Query sees
> > tables in a database.
> >
> >    What I *actualy* want to achieve is for the
> MS-Query browser only
> > to show some tables from the database it is
> connected to.
> >
> >    I've played with various variations on schemas,
> but whatever I do
> > the browser insists on showing <All> schemas, and
> hence all tables.
> [SNIP]
>
>    Well that produced a resounding silence!  I'm not
> sure if this was:
> 1)  It was thought too silly for words
> 2)  It is impossible to do
> 3)  Everybody was waiting for everybody else to
> comment
> 4)  Something else
>

>    I'll ask again, just in case somebody did comment
> and that comment fell
> into the global bit-bucket...
>
>    Is there any way to effectively hide tables in a
> database from being
> seen by MS Query?

AFAIK (I haven't done this myself), you can issue a
"set search path" command in the "Connect Settings"
box in the DSN, which will limit the schemas seen to
whatever you put in the search path list.