Re: Good way to insert/update when you're not sure of duplicates? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: Good way to insert/update when you're not sure of duplicates?
Date
Re: Good way to insert/update when you're not sure of  ("scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com>)
List pgsql-general
On Friday 26 September 2003 21:08, Dennis Gearon wrote:
> corruption of the databases, if I'm correct.

> Shridhar Daithankar wrote:
> >On Friday 26 September 2003 20:48, Dennis Gearon wrote:
> >>I didn't think mulitple backends worked.
> >
> >Why? Why can't you insert using multiple backends? I mean is there a
> > problem?

How does database gets corrupted? If you have 20 backend inserting their own
chunk of data in separate transactions, where does database corruption comes
in picture?

That's the whole idea of transactions.

 Shridhar