Re: Announcement: planned open source billing system demonstration now available - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Ruben Safir Secretary NYLXS
Subject Re: Announcement: planned open source billing system demonstration now available
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Announcement: planned open source billing system demonstration
List pgsql-advocacy
And what is the licensing?

On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 06:06:00PM -0700, Richard Schilling wrote:
> Just wanted to drop you all a quick note that CogBilling, an online billing system which  integrates with GnuCash, is
nowavailable for review at http://www.rsmba.biz/download.  CogBilling is an online database driven billing system
writtenentirely on open source products.  In its present state it's intentionally void of heavy graphic images and
"creaturefeatures" to maximize flexibility in developing future versions.  CogBilling is intended to be useful for any
professionalservices organization, but ultimately should function especially well in organizations that do software
development,legal services and the like.  Furthermore, CogBilling is intended to be integrated into large IT
infrastructuressuch as those found in healthcare institutions, clinics and physician practices.

> This application is the first public release of our planned open source applications.  Once we can sustain continuous
developmentof the application through the sale of services and website hosting we will release the whole thing under a
traditionalopen source license (e.g. Gnu, BSD, etc . . .).  At the present, we expect this to occur in the spring or
summerof 2004.

> For the more technically inclined, CogBilling was written in Embedded Perl (Embperl), and uses a PostgreSQL database
asthe backend.  It is hosted on the latest version of the Apache web server.

> This is the first beta release of the product, so the user interface promises to be a bit rough, and the online
manualis not presently available.  However, you will find that the system's basic functionality works.

> Future directions we have planned with this product is deeper integration with GnuCash at the database level,
integrationwith GnoTime, and integration with Issue Tracker.

> You can e-mail me directly, but for the benefit of the Open Source community you should also post comments,
criticismsor suggestions posted to this discussion list.