change of table name - any help - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From chakkara rangarajan
Subject change of table name - any help
Date
Re: change of table name - any help  ("scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com>)
Re: change of table name - any help  ("scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com>)
List pgsql-admin

Hi All,

We have a development server running

OS – Linux, 2.4.20-openmosix-r4

DB – postgresql 7.3

We have a table ctcert_name under postgres DB(postgres schema and postgres user is the owner). Suddenly, this object started missing from the DB (I am the only

Person who connects to that server and did not drop/renamed it). When I tried to recreate the same table, the system threw me back an error, saying that “postgres.ctcert_name” already exists. I am neither able to drop or rename the table.

Can somebody please tell me, what cud have gone wrong and is the error is reproduceable? What is the solution for this kind of problem.

Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Rgds

--Ranga